Child-friendly CT Imaging
When a CT scan is the best option for obtaining a clear diagnosis, radiologists at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford use the smallest possible dose of radiation needed to produce high-quality diagnostic images. Our commitment to your child’s safety has resulted in the recent installation of new CT equipment that will further enhance our program’s ability to reduce our young patients’ exposure to radiation.
New equipment features
- Reduces radiation exposure dramatically without compromising clinical results
- Provides faster scan time, increased patient comfort and significant improvement to image quality
- Significantly reduces the need for repeating exams due to a child’s movement
- Eliminates the need for general anesthesia for most CT exams
- Greater image detail increases clinical value in all studies
- Automated radiation reduction to sensitive regions of the body
Contact us online or call (650) 497-8376 for more information.